Sally Shirley Bivens Scholarship
Sally Shirley Bivens Scholarship 2018 Application
Email completed Application to: Jane Neese @ email@example.com
The Sally Shirley Bivens Scholarship is given by the Parlor Group Sunday School Class of Central United Methodist Church, Monroe, North Carolina in loving memory of Sally Shirley Bivens, who was devoted member of Central United Methodist Church, a truly dedicated educator of the young and an inspiration to all who knew her.
Recipients shall be:
- Member of Central United Methodist Church, Monroe, North Carolina.
- Preferably, persons seeking to prepare themselves for full time Christian Service although the scholarship may be awarded to any worthy and deserving person regardless of the prospective field of study and/or life’s work.
Applicants for the scholarship shall be evaluated by the Selection Committee on the basis of:
- High School or College grades
- High School class rank or College GPA
- Leadership potential as revealed through high school and/or college activities
- Economic need as revealed by parent or guardian
- Poise, personality, and communication ability
- Religious and Christian characteristics as determined by the Selection Committee
The scholarship is awarded for one year. Recipients should maintain full-time student status and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) or at least 2.0.
Please print and complete the form using black or blue ink (or type). You will need to get information from your high school principal or guidance counselor or information from your university/college as well as additional recommendation letter (see below). Once the form is completed and you have ALL your information, please print, scan, and submit a pdf file to the Selection Committee via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st. Late applications will not be considered. If you have questions, please contact Jane Neese at email@example.com or call 704.776-3227.
If you are a high school student, we request that your high school principal or guidance counselor send the following information:
- Copies of High School Transcript
- High School Rank in Class
- Scholastic Aptitude Test Scores (SAT) or ACT
- A statement of recommendation
If you are a college student, we request that you submit the following information:
- A copy of your college transcript that denote your course grades and cumulative GPA
- A copy of your previous SAT and/or ACT scores
- A statement of recommendation from your academic advisor or a faculty at your university/college.
We also request that you obtain an additional letter of recommendation. It is preferred that the letter comes from someone who works in the church such as a Sunday School teacher, Youth Minister or Leaders, Choir Director and/or Ministers.
Thank you, The Parlor Group Sunday School Class