Kermit and Janie Starnes Scholarship
2020/2021 Application Process is Open
Click here for the Intent to Apply form
Scholarship Questions • Jody Jennings – email@example.com
Application Questions • Ginger Hightower – 704.207.3349
Through the generosity of the Starnes Family, the youth of Central have been the recipients of 109 scholarships totaling $761,700 since 2013. Scholarships are available to active youth of Central who are committed to growing in their faith while furthering their education.
How to Apply
1. Complete the Intent to Apply.
2. Your application will be sent to you via an email link – March 2, 2020, or within two days of receiving your “Intent to Apply” after March 2.
3. Your application link will be accessible, and your application editable until the April 15, 2020, 5:00pm deadline.
4. The decision of the committee will be sent via letter no later than the week of May 25.
1. Scholarship recipient must maintain full-time student status. (12-hour min.)
2. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
3. A yearly check-in / interview with the Scholarship Committee
4. Attendance at the Scholarship presentation at Youth Sunday during services on June 7, 2020.
1. The application and scholarship process must be completed yearly.
2. Failure to comply with all guidelines above will disqualify applicant’s submission.
3. All information requested by the scholarship committee is confidential.
4. Eligibility – Students will be eligible for the Starnes scholarship for a maximum of 8 semesters to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate students.
5. Transcripts – Students will be required to submit an official transcript to the Committee at the end of each semester to validate GPA and full-time status.
2019 Scholarship Committee
Chairperson, Jody Jennings
Finance Representative, Dean Davidson
Trustee Representative, Matt Gustafson
Children’s Ministries, Ginger Hightower
Senior Minister, Lanny Lancaster
Youth Ministries, Julie Miles
At Large, Susan Radford
Note(s): Failure to comply with all guidelines above will disqualify applicant’s submission. All information requested by the scholarship committee on this application is confidential. Edibility and the scholarship amount is at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
1– Scholarships are annual and must be applied for each school year
Edited February, 2019